Tuesday 20 September 2011

Batman fan? got Red Hood?


Batman: Under the Red Hood

 

After re-igniting my violent love and dark passion for comics this year through an Epic buy on trademe of some Transformers comics and some hearty reading of Neil Gaimens works I was driven to look into the world of probably the most immortal of all the mortal super heroes... Bruce Wayne, Batman.

A step in the right direction was not too hard to take, for comparative to his DC counterparts who have made the transition to the big screen such as Superman and more recently Green Lantern... he has NEVER taken too much a a loss. Whether the realms of working with such a character are harder to fault because of how 'human' he is, is arguable. Whatever the reasons may be... Bruce Wayne remains, on top of his game.

In watching the Dark Knight, you are drawn in again. In finding 'Batman Under The Red Hood' I was intrigued but also inspired. On flicking through the first quarter of the flick before heading off to school this morning... my mind was instantly blown. This probably has NEVER happened to me before. I was gutted to have to leave for School.



In coming home this evening and throwing it back on, a buzz hit me... probably the closest feeling I have had to watching 'The Dark Knight' since I saw the movie... including watching the trailer to the sequel. In anticipation of watching the movie I remembered my Batman Cup that I got from the Dark Knight and exactly where is was sitting at that exact moment.

The reality is... Legendary writing can make something with a lesser budget completely annihilate something with a 'huge budget' and some dick heads talented Son writing it. Such is the case with THIS animated movie VS the live action Green Lantern. I was sooo exited to see The Green Lantern... not only to watch Taika Waititi(Boy, Flight of the Concords) because he is from my Tribe... but also because I liked what I knew of the story and the trailer looked dope, THIS on the other hand:

a. I had never heard of.
b. Was not in a mood to watch.
c. associated the animation with all the other Marvel style full length animated flicks that have come out of recent.

This movie has the f#cken goods. I have a feeling that it could slot in nicely in the Batman Movie after the next... Solid f#cken gold! I want so badly to tell you what the twists are... but they are what make this a f$cken siick and Epic first watch flick. Class Class Class. The red hood gets my vote for best new/old Superhero... not knowing all too much about the DC universe apologies if this is not a new story, but it is indeed one that placed the DC writers once again above the Marvel ones. That is not something I completely agree with... but looking at planet Hulk VS this, you can't really argue.

I have to rate this... A MUST WATCH. 10 golden Batman Rolexes, capable of becoming grappling hooks or calling the Batmobile and taking you to Wayne Manor.



DC YOU DID F$cken well on this one.

As a staunch Marvel fan, I salute your flag on this one.

Here is the trailer:
<a href='http://video.msn.com?vid=c9358acd-5576-4f1f-9034-f061a3294951&mkt=en-us&src=FLPl:embed::uuids' target='_new' title='Exclusive: &#39;Batman: Under the Red Hood&#39; trailer' >Video: Exclusive: &#39;Batman: Under the Red Hood&#39; trailer</a>

For more info on the Movie: http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/40662

1 comment:

  1. i have no idea what you're talking about but i fecken love it!!! green lantern was a bit shite except for those two maori guys in it! ive never thought of batman in that way, but you're right - he's the one that never loses his cool, he's immortal but at the same time i think of him as the most human

    ReplyDelete