Friday 23 September 2011

"Melt in yOur Mind NOT in yoUr hand" - Chuck Close

UP n CLOSE
Threw this one on randomly while looked for a trailer for Chuck Close(2007)...
 
Listened and looked... partially. Meanwhile I picked up my officemax permanent marker. Then looked around and  ripped part of my camera's plain cardboard packaging box off and then heard Chuck say "every square inch had to phsically be made out of the same mark"... and put this down:


Had to laugh when I thought him say 'The Cooning" @ 10:10 after I had been drawing this for several minutes prior. Makes you wonder was I actin inate in drawing the same 'Hip Hop' Jordan I did when I was young... or was the title of his work cliche and funnily coincidental with a moment in time which would occur on a small island, next to a small Island in the South Pacific?.

I did find a good review on the Doco however:
http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/452099/Chuck-Close/overview

Also... THIS buzzy view into his Exhibited work and some kids views on it. :):

No comments:

Post a Comment